Welcome to Creating Delight:
Connecting Gratitude, Humor and Play.
It is our premise that you can’t always change the environment of where you work, learn, or live, but you can change the atmosphere.
- In our book, you will find dozens of ideas for making that happen.
- In our workshops, you will have hands-on opportunities to create delight that you can take back to your community or classroom.
- Through our webinars and writings you can ask questions, contribute more ideas, and continue to expand the possibilities.
- Through our products and resources, you will find many more ways to add delight, creativity, and humor to your settings.
Among the synonyms for delight are these: great pleasure, happiness, joy, bliss, enchantment, charm, elation, and amusement. We could have used several of those words in our book title, and indeed debated doing so, but Kathy advocated for delight because of its connection to light – lightheartedness, enlightenment, sunlight – and its element of unexpected surprise.
The aim of Creating Delight is to illustrate concrete ways you can bring that delight to others you serve – students/children, older adults, your family and friends . .
Why connect gratitude, humor, and play?
These three elements all have the potential to
- Foster greater happiness, a more hopeful outlook, more positive emotions and fewer negative feelings such as anger, envy, depression, loneliness, and anxiety
- Help us savor life, live in the present
- Strengthen relationships by building social bonds as we become more helpful, empathetic to others
- Increase energy
- Reduce stress
- Boost our immune system, lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation
- Facilitate communication, interrupt aggression
- Create a positive atmosphere in which to work/live
How great is that?