Welcome to Creating Delight:
Connecting Gratitude, Humor and Play.
It is our premise that you can’t always change the environment of where you work, learn, or live, but you can change the atmosphere.
- In our book, you will find dozens of ideas for making that happen.
- In our workshops, you will have hands-on opportunities to create delight that you can take back to your community or classroom.
- Through our webinars and writings, multiple blogs, and Facebook group page you can ask questions, contribute more ideas, and continue to expand the possibilities.
- Through our products and resources and our Creating Delight Pinterest board you will find many more ways to add delight, creativity, and humor to your settings.
- Its synonyms include great pleasure, happiness, joy, enchantment, elation, and amusement.
- It’s connected to light: lightheartedness, enlightenment, sunlight.
- It suggests unexpected surprise.
The aim of Creating Delight is to illustrate concrete ways you can bring that delight to others you serve – students/children, older adults, your family and friends . .
Why connect gratitude, humor, and play?
These three elements all have the potential to
- Foster greater happiness, a more hopeful outlook, more positive emotions and fewer negative feelings such as anger, envy, depression, loneliness, and anxiety
- Help us savor life, live in the present
- Strengthen relationships by building social bonds as we become more helpful, empathetic to others
- Increase energy
- Reduce stress
- Boost our immune system, lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation
- Facilitate communication, interrupt aggression
- Create a positive atmosphere in which to work/live
How great is that?